Friday 23 April 2010

Evaluation Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
In the media institution I believe that Optimum would distribute my media thriller. Optimum work in correlation with EM Media and a number of films I feel that are similar in some ways to mine. Also Optimum would have my thriller as the film is about someone being stalked by a protagonist and being bullied constantly by the protagonist. I also think my film should be a low budget film as it would be best made as realistic as it can be without using all of the newest/best quality technologies and most expensive equipment. This, without all of the special effects and hi-tech camera's, would make it as real as it can be and for very little cost. This is similar to the film that Shane Meadows made This Is England, as both films introduce the bullying of a smaller and younger character and then also violence is introduced in both films. Another similarity is that the darkness of some of the scenes in This Is England, particularly when they are all sat in a room, is similar to my film when the attacker is holding the knife above his head, it is relatively dark with only the sunlight of the blinds letting light through. Shane Meadows created This Is England with a very low budget and after seeing This Is England I thought the best way for my film to be was using a low budget with standardised camera's and settings.
Optimum would be a good media institution to choose as I feel as they are suitable as they are in close relations with EM Media but they also distribute films that have the same style, setting and genre as my thriller, This Is England for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment