Friday 23 April 2010

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt a lot about the technologies when I was constructing the film. I have learnt about the positives of using the new technology but also the negatives with the technology.
The main pieces of technology that I used were; the Panasonic camera, the editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro CS4) and www.blogger.com.
When it came to using the camera I was particularly interested in learning about it as I hadn't used a proper camera like the one I used in the task before. I learnt the basics of using the technology, how to change the white balance, how to make sure the camera was safely secure on the tripod, how to replay the things I recorded, how to put the tape in the slot and take it out and more. These helped me a lot when I was constructing the film as when I was learning about all of the basics when using a camera I was picking up all of the important points I needed to use the camera successfully, safely and well to get my opening sequence up to a good standard.
The editing software was very interesting to learn about. This helped me quite a lot in constructing my opening sequence as it was easy to use and easy to get to grip with when using the software. At the start when my teacher was showing me how to use it and what to do when the video had been captured onto the software it became much clearer and easier to use it. I learnt how to get the clips out of the shootings that I wanted and then being able to edit them out of the clip into my proper opening sequence. The precision that was required of the editing took a while to get used to however I eventually got used to the style and how to get the clip as precise as I wanted it.
The computer I had a few problems with. The positives about the computer were that it was very quick and easy to use and it was easy to find the software. However there were negatives to using it as well. The first problem was that it wouldn't let me save my work sometimes but I got around the problem by sending the work home in an email which worked well. I also had the troubles of uploading my video onto www.blogger.com. For the original draft of the proper product it wouldn't let me upload the video however I sorted the problem out by asking another student who had the same problem and he helped me sort the problem out. I feel as though these technologies and the help I have received will help me a lot in later life with the problems but also the positives of the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment